ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My iPad Quest

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
Hmmm...this makes me think twice about my ipad.  What's the best altertnative out there right now?  I'm guessing it's something that runs Droid?  But I suppose Win7 works also.
-superboyac (August 04, 2010, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Truthfully, I don't think there *is* a best alternative out there right now- sort of like back when Microsoft first introduced the tablet.  But the iPad has made people look at the tablet differently, so I think that we're very close to getting there, which is one of the reasons I decided to go old school for now to save money and not get burnt by being on the bleeding edge.  I figure 3-400 now, and play a waiting game for at least the next 18 months to see if something solid comes out of it from any other players.  Even if nothing materializes, the iPad should have gone through a couple of iterations by then, making the wait worth it in any case.

superboyac:
Interesting.  Yes, I remember those first tablet days.  you're right, there were no alternatives at the time.  But I'm going to get something before December.  I don't want to wait for something that's coming further away than that.  I think I may wait for the HP Slate, which is supposed to come out in October.

nudone:
I've been too busy with my toy  :-[  I have a couple of posts worth of info to put up there... I've updated with one, and I'll try to get to the actual unit and my initial experiences tonight.  Though there are definite pros and cons, I'm very satisfied so far.  The only area that's a real bummer (though I sort of expected that) is battery life, though I'm not sure if it's the battery.  I'm thinking about getting a new one to see- and since they're hot swappable, it might be a good idea anyway.  And there's always the SSD option, which I've heard massively improves battery life.
-wraith808 (August 04, 2010, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

okay, sounds good. i look forward to reading the blog updates.

i won't have the tablet until some time next week as the current owner is putting XP Tablet and Ubuntu onto the drive - but they can't do it until the weekend  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version