ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Tab Candy will change the way I use a browser for good

<< < (10/10)

Darwin:
On the other hand, maybe it's just me, but i'd rather stick knives into my ears than listen to Aza Raskin explain one of his ideas as if he has discovered the secrets of the universe.  I get that apple vibe from people like this.. i'll pass.
-mouser (July 24, 2010, 12:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... I shut it off when he said that he spends more time in his browser than in his OS. Idiot.

lanux128:
On the other hand, maybe it's just me, but i'd rather stick knives into my ears than listen to Aza Raskin explain one of his ideas as if he has discovered the secrets of the universe.  I get that apple vibe from people like this.. i'll pass.
--- End quote ---

Yeah... I shut it off when he said that he spends more time in his browser than in his OS. Idiot.-Darwin (August 26, 2010, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, i raised the same point in the chat-room. it's like one saying that they use their car more than the road.. ;D

daddydave:
On the other hand, maybe it's just me, but i'd rather stick knives into my ears than listen to Aza Raskin explain one of his ideas as if he has discovered the secrets of the universe.  I get that apple vibe from people like this.. i'll pass.
--- End quote ---
:lol:
Yeah... I shut it off when he said that he spends more time in his browser than in his OS. Idiot.-Darwin (August 26, 2010, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, i raised the same point in the chat-room. it's like one saying that they use their car more than the road.. ;D
-lanux128 (August 26, 2010, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
lol

daddydave:
It looks like the most recent official announcement from the developer is here:

That’s why in Panorama we are careful to never mess with your organization and layout — it is always the same even after you restart the browser.
--- End quote ---

That's the magic word we were waiting for: persistence.
-daddydave (August 26, 2010, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't had much luck getting the persistence to work unless I choose the  "Show my windows and tabs from last time" option in Firefox. Which sort of makes sense, but it ices the idea that I can use this as a replacement for Speed Dial (EDIT: By that I mean I was hoping to figure a way to use this as kind of a start page, independent of what tabs are actually open, although that may have been wishful thinking) ; maybe instead I should encourage the Speed Dial developers to hook into this functionality.

By the way, what would be wrong with making the Ctrl-Space screen appear on new tabs? I'd like that option. Maybe I'll suggest it. Along with hotkeys for tab groups.

MrCrispy:
I really don't want to combine SpeedDial and Panorama as you suggest. To me they serve very different purposes. One is like the start menu which lists what all I can launch, the other is a list of active tabs. You can use Session Manager to load up multiple sets of active tabs and then combine with BarTab, this is the setup I use. It lets me have profiles for the kind of browsing I'm interested in and load the sets of tabs relevant to that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version