ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Tab Candy will change the way I use a browser for good

<< < (9/10) > >>

tomos:
BarTab is great if you keep a lot of tabs open

I gave up on this one - Auto-hide taskbar - too jerky for my taste. It did change my habits though - I now keep the tabs on the bottom... Might try this Tabkit next!
I typically have around 50 tabs loaded.  Using TabMix Plus, I have them on the bottom of the browser in rows of 8.  Then I use this auto tab bar hide CSS styple (http://userstyles.org/styles/4435) so that the tab bar is out of the way.
-jojo99 (August 14, 2010, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

well I'm trying this & like it so far (it would drive anyone crazy with the tabs on top so I moved them down as well).
I see you made a request there asking about toggling it - did you have any success with that?
-tomos (August 17, 2010, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Armando:
In terms of keeping tabs into a tree, TreeStyleTabs is better than TabKit alone but the 2 can be combined IIRC.

f0dder:
Seems like Tab Candy is being renamed to  Panorama, and including in Firefox 4.0 Beta 4. I'm almost considering giving the beta a test-run :)

daddydave:
It looks like the most recent official announcement from the developer is here:

That’s why in Panorama we are careful to never mess with your organization and layout — it is always the same even after you restart the browser.
--- End quote ---

That's the magic word we were waiting for: persistence.

f0dder:
That’s why in Panorama we are careful to never mess with your organization and layout — it is always the same even after you restart the browser.
--- End quote ---

That's the magic word we were waiting for: persistence.-daddydave (August 26, 2010, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice :)

I wonder if Panorama will have some smart load/unload of tabs - if not, BarTab could turn out very very handy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version