ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Tab Candy will change the way I use a browser for good

<< < (8/10) > >>

tomos:
I typically have around 50 tabs loaded.  Using TabMix Plus, I have them on the bottom of the browser in rows of 8.  Then I use this auto tab bar hide CSS styple (http://userstyles.org/styles/4435) so that the tab bar is out of the way.
-jojo99 (August 14, 2010, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

well I'm trying this & like it so far (it would drive anyone crazy with the tabs on top so I moved them down as well).
I see you made a request there asking about toggling it - did you have any success with that?

daddydave:
I tried this, if they can make the tab groups persist (which is on the roadmap if I read right), it could replace Speed Dial. I am using Speed Dial pretty inefficiently.. New Tab, click on a Group, click on an app. This would save me some keystrokes / mouse clicks.

Unrelated I think - Right now I have an addon conflict that is preventing any version of Firefox from starting up, so I am using Chrome in the meantime.

Armando:
i use these add-ons to organize my tabs :
-  Session Manager
- Tree Style Tab to organize tabs.

It doesn't get in the way, can drag tabs to different firefox windows.... Save windows with different sets of tabs as different sessions etc.
The tree style tab thing allows to have a clearer view of what I'm reading, researching, and I can reorganize subjects by drag & drop. There are many useful options.

Maybe not as intuitive or user friendly but works well nevertheless, and I can control RAM usage better this way (by keeping opened only the tabs I need).

MrCrispy:
I use TabKit which includes TreeStyleTabs as well as a few other things. I think I like this more than TMP so far. I also use BarTab, which keeps the tab but unloads it so that Firefox uses less memory, and loads it when the tab is activated. This lets me keep 50+ tabs open and restart Firefox without everything loading.

One of the things I'd like added to TreeStyleTabs is custom tab grouping so that I can create a group header (say Windows) and put all tabs under it. And then we can have rules that automate this. It would go a long way towards organizing tabs.

Armando:
TabKit & BarTab seem great. Thanks for the tip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version