ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

INDEX/CACHE vs REALTIME

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nod5:
Armando, I've had that problem with Everything too but I use autohotkey (surprise, surprise!  ;D) to copy the full file path in Everything with control+shift+c:

--- ---#IfWinActive, ahk_class EVERYTHING
^+c::
controlgettext, clipboard, msctls_statusbar321, ahk_class EVERYTHING
return
edit: I just thought of an alternative solution: do control+c twice rapidly

--- ---#IfWinActive, ahk_class EVERYTHING
~^c::
if A_TimeSincePriorHotkey < 500
if A_PriorHotkey = %A_ThisHotkey%
controlgettext, clipboard, msctls_statusbar321, ahk_class EVERYTHING
return

edit2: just realized that that last solution works just as well for windows explorer - yay!

--- ---#IfWinActive, ahk_class CabinetWClass
clipboard = %Clipboard%
return

Armando:
I really haven't thought of doing that!
Thanks for showing me this neat trick. I should use AHK more. I use it for many little thing, but haven't delved in it enough.
Many thanks Nod5.  :)

Armando:
I don't know AHK's syntax much (didn't have the time to double check), but this worked too.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---^+c::IfWinActive, ahk_class EVERYTHINGcontrolgettext, clipboard, msctls_statusbar321, ahk_class EVERYTHINGreturn
I did that because the other way interfered with other parts of my own script when put at the beginning -- and I didn't want to put it at the end...

I also had to enable an option in everything to show the file path in the status bar... Otherwise I got "Object 1".  :)

I haven't been able to copy path in explorer though. We'll see later.

Nod5:
Yes, if you're putting the above into one "master script" then it might interfere with other things. You can add a #IfWinActive below the controlgettext row in my code to prevent that I think.
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/_IfWinActive.htm

Re explorer: Explorer with tree view pane on has a different ahk_class. Could that be the problem? Try this:

--- ---#IfWinActive, ahk_class CabinetWClass
clipboard = %Clipboard%
return
#IfWinActive, ahk_class ExploreWClass
clipboard = %Clipboard%
return
#IfWinActive

Armando:
Very cool. Yes this works perfectly. Thanks for the little AHK lesson, Nod5. Much appreciated!  :Thmbsup:
This gives me the incentive to dive into AHK a bit more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version