ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Whoa, this gal hates MS Office 2010 -- 5 Reasons Why You Don't Need It

<< < (5/10) > >>

Josh:
Not a way to hide it? You mean my right clicking and choosing "auto-hide" isn't hiding the ribbon? Really? Perhaps I am hallucinating.

Tuxman:
It hides the ribbon, not the bar IIRC?

Josh:
What BAR are you trying to hide? Hiding the bulk of the ribbon gives you far more room than a default office 2003, OOo, or softmaker office install does. Are you referring to the "Bar" that displays HOME, INSERT, PAGE LAYOUT, etc?

Tuxman:
Yes, at it is part of the ribbon bar.  8)

Carol Haynes:
You can minimize everything in Office 2010 except:

The mini tool bar that is part of the window title bar
The Ribbon tab names (the ribbon itself minimises with a single click or you can set it permanently)

Given that most people these days have largish screens it really doesn't take up much space (effectively one line plus the window frame).

The only people who seem to really hate the ribbon are the people who have never used it for any length of time. I was initially sceptical but now I absolutely wouldn't go back to the plethora of silly toolbars and cryptic icons of Office 2003 and earlier and trying to use Open Office (when I am working on other people's computers) feels incredibly clunky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version