ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Seeking old (98SE?) LAN aware Post-It clone ...

<< < (2/2)

app103:
It might help to take a look at this thread which mentions plenty of different sticky note products, both freeware and shareware.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18605.0

barney:
Did that first ... but didn't find what's required.  Mind you, I'd love to use some of 'em, but I'm up against a client request, and she is not particularly amenable to reason  :-[.  Typical, "I can't say what I want, but I'll know it when I see it."  She's recalcitrant - {mulish? | pig-headed? | [insert your adjective of choice here]} - to accept any judgment/opinion except her own  :'(.  Didja ever get into a contract - as a favor - you wished you'd declined?  I'm there  :-[.  So I'm constrained to try to find something that probably does not any longer exist, and likely would not function in current Windows versions.  Frustrating, but there it is.

Edit:  correct typos.

rjbull:
Hmmm.  On further reflection, perhaps ATnotes, free, discontinued, but still available?  If I recall correctly, it was the most popular free one until Zhorn Software's Stickies arrived.

Edit (1): Last version of ATnotes is 9.5.  It was officially discontinued on 30 May 2005, if that helps with the time frame.

Edit (2): The ATnotes site suggests Gizmo's list for freeware sticky notes.  The exact page is Best Free Sticky Notes Utility.

barney:
Awesome! :Thmbsup:
Memory responded as soon as you mention ATnotes ... last time I used it was ~2001, and memory that far back must needs be jogged  ;D.

This should please the old broad (her naming, not mine, and soon to be her site name(?)  ;)), and we can get on with her task(s).

rjbull:
Memory responded as soon as you mention ATnotes ... last time I used it was ~2001, and memory that far back must needs be jogged  ;D.
-barney (July 25, 2010, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to be of help, and thanks for the very generous DC credits  :)

I had about 25 files in my files\Windows\Sticky_notes file stash, some of them just different versions of each other.  ATnotes was first in the list, so an easy memory jog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version