ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

XYplorer Big Summer Art Madness! - Lifetime License on 50%

<< < (4/6) > >>

tomos:
I was surprised not to see a bunch of (obvious) feature options, in XYplorer. So, if I don't care to learn some scripting, I might not be satisfied with XYplorer. Is that it?
-Curt (July 20, 2010, 02:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm only a casual user and am definitely not an advanced one.
I know it currently can't open a zip file as a file folder - but it looks like it *might* get 'proper' zip management soon.

a couple of my favourite features:
- that you can custom multiple file associations = on opening a file with Alt+Enter you are presented with a choice of programmes to open the file with (needs a little initial setup work - it's easy to do).
- that it keeps a selected file in the same place in a list no matter how you sort the list (minor - but it's a real treat if you use file sorting much)
- very good search

AbteriX:
I was surprised not to see a bunch of (obvious) feature options, in XYplorer. So, if I don't care to learn some scripting, I might not be satisfied with XYplorer. Is that it?-Curt (July 20, 2010, 02:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would definitely suggest you use the trial period to evaluate it fully before you purchase. -Jibz (July 20, 2010, 03:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
That comes too late, i assume  :P

I was surprised not to see a bunch of (obvious) feature options, in XYplorer. So, if I don't care to learn some scripting, I might not be satisfied with XYplorer. Is that it?-Curt (July 20, 2010, 02:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
I too missed thinks as i first worked with XYplorer, the same was with TotalCommander (and there even more if you just use the default menu layout only and didn't know something about plugins)
but over time i found things or  i learned that they are just implemented in an other way.

What do you miss? Maybe someone can point you?

steeladept:
I find it strange that SO MANY people insist on integrated zip support, yet XY doesn't have it.  Personally, I find that as a feature, since I prefer using my choice of archive tool(s) for opening, archiving, etc.  Don't get me wrong, I understand people wanting to view the contents of an archive natively, I just don't use it that way - it would make me want to do file operations on it. :P

Now plugging in my choice of applications to handle this - that is a useful option.  And in XY, that is called scripting (though depending on how fancy you want to get, it may not be trivial to do).  So for me, this is a good thing.  

Jibz:
I know it currently can't open a zip file as a file folder - but it looks like it *might* get 'proper' zip management soon.-tomos (July 20, 2010, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I got my hopes up as well, but it appears Don dropped the idea again after a little discussion on the XYplorer forums.

At any rate, it's an excellent file manager, and like all of them there is stuff it does not do. Just give it a spin and find out if you can live without them :Thmbsup:.

j_hallgren:
Yes I got my hopes up as well, but it appears Don dropped the idea again after a little discussion on the XYplorer forums.-Jibz (July 20, 2010, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't think he totally dropped the idea, but he did defer it until September at http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?p=49493#p49493

This is my first post here with this ID...I may possibly have registered back in 2007 but can't locate any clues to ID that I used then so signed up now.

XY fans will recognize me from those forums where I'm a very active poster because I think it's a great product  :-* and Don can use the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version