ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Context Menu Select Folder

<< < (3/3)

ewemoa:
I have a lot of resident in the clock area. And I have more hidden......
-Contro (July 01, 2010, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
I had been working on a single utility to consolidate various AHK scripts but due to limitations (possibly technical and/or related to my current understanding) have not come up with something that is stable, reliable, and maintainable.

It's something I'm interested in, so with some luck, may be eventually the issues will be resolved.  At the moment though I don't have anything I feel comfortable releasing.

ewemoa:
from the thread, that seems to be the problem but i'm not sure because i don't use windows explorer as my default file manager.  :)
-lanux128 (July 01, 2010, 08:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the clarification.

I got the latest source I could find and experimented with it a bit but so far I haven't seen a good way to get the selection to work (seems like Windows Explorer likes to respond to the second click -- thereby unselecting).

daddydave:
Don't know if this helps or not but I'll throw it out there:
Explorer [/n] [/e] [(,)/root,<object>] [/select,<object>]

/n                Opens a new single-pane window for the default
                  selection. This is usually the root of the drive Windows
                   is installed on. If the window is already open, a
                  duplicate opens.

/e                Opens Windows Explorer in its default view.

/root,<object>    Opens a window view of the specified object.

/select,<object>  Opens a window view with the specified folder, file or
                  application selected.

--- End quote ---

If I get time, I'll see if I get this to show up as a context menu using registry edits. Probably a long shot, but I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Well I puttered around, in theory you could put a command line here (I did this at lnkfile (.lnk shortcut) level because that seems to be the level at which "Open file location" appears):

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shell\Open &parent of file location\command

So this appears on the menu for shortcuts but I don't know what argument to use for the explorer command line. Problem is I don't know how translate from the .lnk path (which would be assigned to %1 in the command) to the actual target. If I could get that, then string manipulation to get the folder, then add appending \.. to the folder path would probably get me the parent directory.

So I didn't get anywhere but I thought I would report my findings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version