ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win 8 design documents leaked, plus Icaza comments on them

<< < (3/3)

Shades:
Tried Oracle 11G R2 database software on Win7 Ultimate (64-bit). After some tricks it does run. However accessing its data from client PC's proves too difficult (random account lockouts). Note that Win2008 and Win 2003 based Oracle 11 databases were accessible just fine on the same client PC's.

Tried also to create a vpn connection on Win7 using the latest OpenVPN (client and server). Again, almost impossible to connect/retain a connection. PC's with previous versions of windows and an ubuntu PC connected just fine.

For the home-and-garden use of most people Win7 is fine, for businesses I would definitely advise against it...at least until I find out what improvements SP1 is bringing to the table.

ssoundman:
What is broken with Win7?
-Josh (June 30, 2010, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I keep getting a "Program is Non Responsive" error on both my 32bit Win7 notebook and 64bit Win7 desktop. I've tried an updated NIC driver (which seems to have solved the non-refreshing Windows Explorer phenomenon) but I generally get these "Program is Non Responsive" errors at least once or twice a day. It also happens with Outlook2010. I reboot my notebook daily, so I'm not sure what's up with that. I used to reboot the desktop weekly, but with Win7 sometimes after running for a couple of days I get the errors and must reboot to get work done (send email, search for documents, perform file/folder maintenance, etc).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version