ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ALL cloud applications should offer downloadable installs.

<< < (5/5)

wraith808:
A VPS is $20/mo or so minimum, and you'd need at least that amount of resources to run the more demanding apps well. More than that if you want a friendly control panel like CPanel.
-JavaJones (July 13, 2010, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

It really depends on what you want.  If you want options, like fantastico gives you, then yeah.  The one I'm renting my server from has VPS options for $24.95/month- that's what I used before I went the full server route, and it was very nice.  If you don't mind shopping around for the right configuration - meaning that they have one option in each area, but they line up with yours, then you can get them for a lot less.

superboyac:
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a great concept: You use computing resources, you pay for them. You want more computing power, you pay more. The downside of this model is that you're working with computers that you're never going to see, nor do you really know much about them. Once you get over that, however, there's a lot to be gained by using IaaS.
-zridling (July 13, 2010, 09:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is very interesting.  I could get into this, especially if I start having to do more and more work out of the house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version