ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Has anyone ever used their LCD television as their main monitor ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

siacono:
I have been running my 42" lcd tv as my main monitor for about 8mths now and love it.
having all that desktop space is great and being able to run world of warcraft @ 1900x1080
Is awesome... running dual core athon 64 x2 4800+ with 2x Nvidia 8600gt's in sli.

nite_monkey:
Has anyone ever used their LCD television as their main monitor ?
now you just need to run your tv and your old monitor at the same time... or if you have an onboard video card and a pci/agp/pcie video card like me, then you can go with a tripple display.
(I have a 17", 19", and 26" setup right now)

Deozaan:
I have been running my 42" lcd tv as my main monitor for about 8mths now and love it.-siacono (July 14, 2010, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you do that without being 10 feet away from your desk? Do you have a wireless keyboard and mouse so you can sit on your couch and do your computer stuff?

steeladept:
I have been running my 42" lcd tv as my main monitor for about 8mths now and love it.-siacono (July 14, 2010, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you do that without being 10 feet away from your desk? Do you have a wireless keyboard and mouse so you can sit on your couch and do your computer stuff?
-Deozaan (July 14, 2010, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am guessing not, it was just a typo.  It is really a resolution of 19000x10800 ;D

Seriously though, that is something I would like to see.  Pictures by chance?

wraith808:
I used to do it on my 46" DLP.  It wouldn't get 1900x1080, but 1280x1024 @ 46" is still pretty impressive.  It wasn't my main computer, but was in my living room, and I sat on the sofa about 3-4' away, using a logitech dinovo keyboard and a g7 wireless mouse.  And yes, I was playing WoW at the time... and guild wars, and Cit of Heroes... and many more.  It actually wasn't as immersive as my 24" on my desktop IMO... the distance killed it for me, and the fact that my coffee table was a lot lower than my desk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version