ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Finished Coding Snack: Organize Text

(1/8) > >>

kalos:
hello

I don't know if it is easy to do what I want or there is a tool already available... well, I have a text file with a list of sentences (each sentence seperated with a newline)

what I want is to group/organize the sentences, by cutting them and pasting them to specific text files (other that the one with the sentences list)

so I want to automatically select a sentence, cut it, and paste it in the appropriate text file by clicking a shortcut key
then select the next one, cut and paste it in the appropriate text file, etc

to choose the appropriate target text file, where I want each sentence to go, I must click the relevant shorcut key

that would be very handy for this kind of job, any suggestion??

thanks

mouser:
that's an interesting idea.. i can see cases where this might be useful in different forms.

as a coding snack you might imagine a program that loaded a text file and showed each line in a list, and let you quickly tag each line by hitting a digit 1-9 or letter a-z, so you could really quickly assign a "tag" to each line (or specific lines), and then hit let you perform some actions.

actions could be things like save each tag group to a dif file, or copy all items in a specific tag group to clipboard, etc.

kalos:
I suppose we are far from implementing something like this, right?

rgdot:
I can see this being very useful to one text file sitting on my desktop right now.

skwire:
Some questions:

1) How many target text files are we talking about here?  Unlimited?

2) When you say "click a shortcut key", do you mean clicking a button on a window or do you mean pressing a hotkey combo like ctrl-1?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version