ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Listary – search all lists in Windows

(1/4) > >>

Channing:
Hello Everyone,

I want to share my freeware utility Listary with you. It was inspired by some nifty search boxes in Linux and Mac at the beginning, and then so many useful additional features from user feedbacks are packed into it. It's a little hard to describe what Listary can do for you in words now, so please just watch this video. I'm sure you'll be shocked!

[youtube=640,505]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M_ybScYNV4[/youtube]

Features:
1. Add find-as-you-type search feature to all lists in Windows. File lists in Explorer and file open/save dialogs, task list in Task Manager, desktop, 7-Zip, FileZilla, jump list in Win7… every list can be searched in a flash

2. Useful commands such as "Copy path to clipboard", "Run Command Prompt in current folder" and "Toggle file extension display". Support of hot keys and 64-bit systems makes it much more convenient than shell extensions.

3. Text Editing. This feature allows you to edit text ANYWHERE with your favorite text editor. It works pretty much the same way as the famous Firefox add-on It's All Text, but Listary supports all applications including all the famous web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

Homepage: http://www.listary.com/

Please don't hesitate to reply or contact with me directly at [email protected] if you have any questions or suggestions! Any feedback is appreciated :-*

Regards,
Channing

nudone:
this looks very cool. the edit text with favorite editor is a clever idea (something long overdue for writing online).

the quick select and navigation is an even better idea though. something that has definitely annoyed me on a day-to-day basis.

i'll download and give it a good try today. thanks, Channing.

Paul Keith:
Which Linux app gave the comparable features to Listary?

Channing:
Which Linux app gave the comparable features to Listary?
-Paul Keith (July 09, 2010, 04:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

It seems that there isn't an app that can do exactly the same thing in Linux, but most lists in Gnome have a build-in search box that allows you to select an item by typing the first few letters. Although this is not "search", I think it's still much better compared to Windows: you know what you've typed, you can fix typos and you don't need to fight with time-out.

ecaradec:
very nice, thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version