ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1

<< < (4/4)

hpearce:
It becomes clear that the address bar should be below the tabs bar when your browser uses pages for more than web browsing. Opera for instance has chat pages where the address bar is not even displayed at all.

The address data is tied to the page (tab) rather than all pages.

Having the address bar below the tab is more than just a personal preference IMHO.

briandr67:
Under W7 Home Premium x64 I have no exit button if the menu bar is Hidden, I have to exit via the Firefox menu. With the menu bar hidden I have to go into add-ons via the preferences panel once again accessible via the Ff menu. Bookmarks only being able to be placed on the right is another thing that annoys the hell out of me, not to mention that it downloads everything to the temp folder even though I have specified the Downloads folder and although I have unchecked the "Show Downloads Window" checkbox it still pops up every time. I am about to uninstall it. Much prefer 3.6 at least the add-ons actually work.

4wd:
Greasemonkey doesn't seem to work with beta 1.-daddydave (July 13, 2010, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check out this GreaseMonkey modification - it works OK here, (reported that some scripts don't work though I haven't had a problem yet).

Aardvark 3.0, BugMeNot 2.2, OptimizeGoogle 0.78.1 also work after <em:maxVersion> modification.

Curt:
Firefox 4 Beta 2 release is just a few days away. Something that could break a lot of your favorite extensions.

http://cybernetnews.com/firefox-4-broken-extensions/

--- End quote ---

daddydave:
Thanks, 4wd and Curt!

Just want to report that Beta 1 seems to have some problem with gmail as well, it gets stuck on the preview screen and I have to click on the HTML mode link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version