ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to send fax through high-speed internet connection?

<< < (3/5) > >>

skwire:
Sorry, I should have clarified that I do this from a printer/scanner/fax combo (Canon Pixma MP830).  Though, I can't see why it couldn't be done from a modem in a computer along with some fax software.

steeladept:
Ah.  I took the OP though to mean a way to convert files to fax without using the modem or connecting telephone lines.  That was what I thought you were doing and I was curious how that was accomplished.  Thanks for the clarification.

superboyac:
Oh.

And here I was hoping it was somehow related to your fantasy fiction project.  ;)

:)
-40hz (July 07, 2010, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah!  No, I wish.  I haven't worked on that for several months, since changing jobs.  But I just got a wacom, so I plan to get back into it soon.

superboyac:
Ah.  I took the OP though to mean a way to convert files to fax without using the modem or connecting telephone lines.  That was what I thought you were doing and I was curious how that was accomplished.  Thanks for the clarification.
-steeladept (July 08, 2010, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, steel...YOU are correct.  I'm trying to send files on the computer to a fax with NO modem or telephone lines.  Just the internet connection.

cyberjack88:
You can email to a fax machine using the internet infrastructure called tpc.int

Just go to http://www.tpc.int and all will be explained.

There are volunteer fax servers set up all over the world (a list of area codes is provided) and you just email your content to a specially formatted email address (not too tricky) or use the provided client and your email will be forwarded to the fax server via internet and faxed locally.

This project has been online and functioning for years.

Ain't the net magic??   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version