ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to send fax through high-speed internet connection?

<< < (2/5) > >>

40hz:
I think it's unavoidable that you'll have to go through a service.  Because somebody has to access an analog phone line somewhere along the way to send your fax. There used to be some discussion about creating digital/web fax devices. But that fell apart once people realized cheap desktop scanners and email attachments could provide similiar functionality with no cost to transmit.

As far as services go, I polled my client base. All of those who fax use efax.com and are very happy with the service they get.

From what I can see on their website, they're kinda pricey for personal use.    

superboyac:
Thanks everyone.  This seems like it's only a one time thing for me anyway.

There's a story brewing in all of this, I'll write about it in a month or two.  Stay tuned!

40hz:
Oh.

And here I was hoping it was somehow related to your fantasy fiction project.  ;)

:)

skwire:
If you have a cell phone with [free] long-distance, you can do what I do when I need to send a fax.  I simply forward my cell phone to the fax number and then fax to my cell phone number (which is a local call but forwarded on to the fax number).  It works a treat for me on the rare occasion I need to send a fax since I don't keep long-distance on my house's landline.

steeladept:
If you have a cell phone with [free] long-distance, you can do what I do when I need to send a fax.  I simply forward my cell phone to the fax number and then fax to my cell phone number (which is a local call but forwarded on to the fax number).  It works a treat for me on the rare occasion I need to send a fax since I don't keep long-distance on my house's landline.
-skwire (July 08, 2010, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
How do you do that from your computer?  This sounds neat, but I don't quite get where it converts from a file to a fax?  Is this in your phone or do you use something to convert it to a fax before you forward it to the phone?  If it is the latter, what do you use to convert it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version