ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Game Review : Silkroad Online

(1/1)

Gothi[c]:
Introduction:
Silkroad Online is a FREE mmorpg (massively multiplayer online roll playing game) developed by a Korean company called JOYMAX. This game is inspired by the oriental silk trade routes and therefore also focuses on trading allot. Players can set up trading posts, and there is a sophisticated trading system.

Features:

* An amazing fantasy world with stunning graphics.
* Quests : if you don't feel like aimlessly bashing monsters, maybe you'll be interested in solving some quests? This game has plenty of them.
* You can work on improving your skills. These are divided in weapon skills and 'alchemy' skills, which are magic-like abilities.
* The combat system is in real time - no turnbased combat.
* Interesting interface concept : There is an action window on which there is several action icons which can be dragged into containers at the bottom of the screen. Each of the containers corresponds with a number 0-9 which you can use as shortcut for the specified action. These containers are then sub-divided in groups with the function keys.
* Animals!! You can ride horses, buy a camel, etc,...
First impressions:
At my first glance of the game I was totally blown away with the quality of the graphics, and how polished the game was for being free. This is truly a high-quality game. I quickly got hooked on the monster-bashing collecting money, buying stuff rpg catch, which is definitely present in this game. After I got bored with that I started exploring the quests a bit, which are also quite interesting. One of the first things I noticed is how MASSIVELY this mmorpg really is. There is really allot of players connected, and it has a well established community with plenty of guilds.

System requirements:
I mentioned before that this game has stunning graphics, so I was a bit worried when I saw the initial screenshots that my poor graphics card would not be able to handle it, but infact it did quite well. This is mainly because the game seems to be highly optimized. This game obviously wasn't written by idiots. Objects are only visible from a certain distance to save memory and keep the fps high. This distance can be manually altered. Also, they aren't magically appearing/disappearing like in some games, nor are you constantly walking around in fog (which is the solution some other games opt for), the objects have a fade/in fade/out effect, which I thought was quite original. As a result the required CPU isn't too high compared to other games with similar graphics.

Required CPU: Intel Pentium 3 - 800 MHz CPU
Required memory: 256 MB RAM
Required graphics card: 3D speed over GeForce2 graphics
Required HD space: 3.0 GB free hard disk space (though the download is 515MB)

Screenshots:

Links:

* Game home page (click JOIN in the upper right corner to create an account and download): 

http://www.silkroadonline.net/intro/feature.asp

* Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silkroad_online

nudone:
intriguing. i'll it give a blast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version