ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More ammunition why patents are EVIL

<< < (2/10) > >>

Renegade:
At some point the insanity really needs to end. But when will that be?

I still want to patent breathing... ;)

MilesAhead:

-Renegade (July 07, 2010, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of a stand-up routine I saw. I can't remember the name of the comic.  But the premise was, imagine if they charged for air like they do for water and electric... "I'd be standing on the street corner gasping..  hey buddy, I'm a month behind.. wheez wheez, on my air payment... got any spare change so I can catch my breath?"

steeladept:

-Renegade (July 07, 2010, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
I always thought of the delicious irony of patenting patents and/or the patenting process...

mouser:
i think this amazon patent example is a terrific demonstration of the irony and despicableness of the patent process.. notice that the patent in question was for an ebook design that amazon doesn't seem to have any intention of using.. it's probably just one of a thousand patents that amazon has hired a team of people to write and file, as a kind of field of landmines to discourage and attack other potential competitors and make money through lawsuits.  If you are a big corporation, filing patent applications is a like a way to feed the lawyer pool you keep in the moat outside your castle.

wraith808:
+1.  I really like your description :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version