ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New Government Rules make Jailbreaking Legal

<< < (3/3)

Stoic Joker:
You may want to know the purpose of the gourd. . . well . . . It is the place where our nightmares are formed.

That's a nightmare ????????  Dream a little dream for me.......-ljbirns (July 28, 2010, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

ROFL - Touché ...I'd forgotten the gourd's purpose - But it has been almost 30 years since I read that series.

rxantos:
One thing I would like is the ability to users to have their own encryption key on their devices, and disallow the seller to hold the key. Making it impossible to install anything without the user consent.

Think of it like this. If you own a house, you have the key and not whoever sold you the house. If you own a car, you have the key, the dealer does not have it. Then why when you buy a phone, the seller have the key and you not?

Another thing I would like to see (as phones are computers now) is the ability to choice an operating system to put on.

As for other companies doing the same. Is like defending a wife beater just because someone else also beats his wife.

Renegade:
One thing I would like is the ability to users to have their own encryption key on their devices, and disallow the seller to hold the key. Making it impossible to install anything without the user consent.

Think of it like this. If you own a house, you have the key and not whoever sold you the house. If you own a car, you have the key, the dealer does not have it. Then why when you buy a phone, the seller have the key and you not?

Another thing I would like to see (as phones are computers now) is the ability to choice an operating system to put on.

As for other companies doing the same. Is like defending a wife beater just because someone else also beats his wife.
-rxantos (August 02, 2010, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

Except for the part about choosing an OS. Yes and no there. When you create hardware, especially for mobile devices, you have to consider the OS that will be on there. Very often the OS is directly tied to the hardware. Now, this isn't 100% necessary, but it helps increase the user experience a LOT. Eventually mobile platforms may reach the level of Linux and Windows where you have options.

However, in principle, yeah! It would be very cool to say something like, "I want an iPhone, but I want Android on it."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version