ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Buzz Folders - Open/Save Dialog Box Extender ( + Free Version )

<< < (2/7) > >>

DanJak:
Hi rjbull,  :)

Listary looks very interesting. A great find. I'm going to give it a try.

At first glance I would guess that the way Buzz Folders manages Favourites is much easier and much quicker. Give the free version a go and see how it compares. It's quite possible you could use it alongside of Listary. Let me know what you think.

The Free Version doesn't require installation so could be used as a portable application.

The Professional Elite Version of Buzz Folders remembers your recent files. It has a list of files displayed below the folder buttons and the last file you opened will be at the top of the list. Opening that file is as simple as pressing the "GO" button.

In the screenshot you can see my last opened/saved file is immediately visible and available.

Buzz Folders - Open/Save Dialog Box Extender ( + Free Version )

Searching for the file or even opening a folder is no longer needed as you can just press "GO" and the file is opened ( or saved - depending on your situation ).

The Global list will display a list of recent files from all programs. This means you can switch between programs and still have instant access to the last file you used. You can also customize all the tabs after Global. You can set tabs by filetype or program. This gives you further options and a very quick way to get to the right folders and files.

So in the example screenshot the html tab will show all the folders that html files were opened from or saved to ( from any program - not just notepad ). And it will also show all list of html files that have been opened and saved.

I hope that's all clear!  :)

ewemoa:
Thanks for the note about portable use.  Nice that the free version doesn't require an installer :)  (For folks wanting to use it portably, not defaulting to "Run at Start Up" might be nice.)

On a separate note, I tried to find a way to navigate using only the keyboard but didn't figure anything out.  The links I took a look at to try to determine this included:

http://www.buzzfolders.com/help_free_folders.html
  http://www.buzzfolders.com/help_free_options.html
  http://www.buzzfolders.com/help_free_stickies.html
  http://www.buzzfolders.com/help_free_tabs.html

These pages suggested to me that the program requires the use of a pointing device.  Is that correct?

Target:
danjak

tried this yesterday (briefly) and while it looked alright it doesn't seem to work with Office dialog boxes???

is this right, or am I missing something here?

DanJak:
Hi ewemoa

:)

(For folks wanting to use it portably, not defaulting to "Run at Start Up" might be nice.)
-ewemoa (July 01, 2010, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a good suggestion. Thanks!

These pages suggested to me that the program requires the use of a pointing device.  Is that correct?
-ewemoa (July 01, 2010, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. That's correct. It's on the todo list. I'm also considering adding assignable hotkeys.

Is keyboard navigation essential for you?

Hi Target,  :)

Thanks for taking the time to try the program.

So far I've tested it and have it working with Office 2010 on XP and Office 2008 on Vista. I can't guarantee it will work with other versions of MS Office. Unfortunately Microsoft Office presents a whole series of challenges. I'm sure you don't want to know about the behind the scenes struggle, you just want a program that works for you, so the more information you give me the better. Then I can resolve any compatibility issues as best I can.

Which version of Office are you using? And what OS?

ewemoa:
Thanks for the response.

Yes. That's correct. It's on the todo list. I'm also considering adding assignable hotkeys.

Is keyboard navigation essential for you?
-DanJak (July 01, 2010, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not sure if I would describe it that way, but I very much prefer having the option of keyboard navigation.

May be it's not worth the effort to implement this if there are few requests for it though :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version