ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: VPR, visual people randomizer!

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
SingingBoyo, sure you could use this as a NANY.

Chessnia:
I've just tested it.
That's so cool!  :Thmbsup: singingboyo!

I love the idea of being able to display more than one list at a time.Very nice.

Ok, I know this is pretty hard, but here are some features that I'd like to see.

- Sound effects
- Ability to open/save lists with all the data (number of selections, etc.)
- Ability to import or paste a text list.
- Ability to set size for display window (when the list is too large, you don't get to see who gets picked)
- Ability to definer colours: chosen name, background or text changes to #dafaff (whatever)
- Define colours per selection: 1 selecion = green, 2 red, 3 blue (whatever) etc.
- Ability to choose a name manually (clicking on it?)
- Add table column with extra data. The cells on this column behave like this: number goes up every time you click on it. (program's width doesn't need to change, the selections column and this one can be thinner)
- Randomizer effect mode: a) straight line, goes down like now  b) unpredictable (it hops from list name 1 to 7, then 9, then 3, then 24, then 2, then it stops)
- Randomizer safe mode: prevent names on the list from being picked more than once until al the other have been picked. (In fact, maybe the selections column is unnecessary if the text of a name on the list changes colours once is has been picked once, twice, etc.).

Anyway, that's all I can think of right now.

It looks very nice. Nice job singingBoyo!

My apologies again, since nobody replied to this post, I thought nobody was interested and apparently I did not have the notify option activated.

Scancode: that would be awesome indeed, great concept! :)

SingingBoyo:
It's a good thing I read the DC newsletter when I did.  Apparently I wasn't being notified either, and it brought me back to the site...

Anyways, I'll see what I can do. Sound effects will certainly be a while, but I'll try to get that in eventually.

A couple of questions:  Are you looking for any specific actions available when you select a name?  (Edit the name, delete it, etc?)  Also, I need a bit of clarification on that extra column you want.

EDIT:  The original post referred to a NANY release.  Not actually going to do one though, so I had to edit.

Chessnia:
Regarding the specific actions, it would be nice if that could be added (maybe a future version) but I think it might be a lot of work for you right now? But yes, that would be most useful indeed.
Regarding the extra column: I am looking for specific actions here. It's basically going to be used like a scoring system. But editing the numbers manually is kind of painful, so I was thinking of just being able to click on each one of the cells on this column and the number would go up (or right button, number goes down). You know, making it easy to keep a score. And then if the whole thing can be exported / imported onto the program, that'd be cool. (I'm thinking of using it in a classrooms, and I go from one classroom to another, different schools. I have to load/save the data all the time).

Cheers! :)

SingingBoyo:
   Alright, here's the first one I'd really call a release.  Saves/loads, has popup options to select/downselect names, add/delete, etc.  Colors are customizable, and the dialogs are calling the lists spinners now :P

You can also load lists of names, because the save files are really just lists of names.  There are a couple of quirks:
   A: The first line of the file is considered the name of the list.
   B: With all names of people, if there is an "===" after it, it expects a number after it with the number of selections.  So, don't use === in names.

Unfortunately, the whole program is very list-name oriented - saving, color setting, and closing all need a name to be selected.  That's the price of not using a panel with tabs I guess.

A few things for the next version that I'll have:
   A: Move list/spinner to a new frame (helps with the name thing)
   B: Save colors.
   C: Clean up the file loader - right now it won't read lines with spaces after the ===
   D: Double-click to 'select' a name. (Increment the selections count)
   E: Even selections (don't select names until everyone has the same number of selections)
   F: Random selections
Bit of a long list, but most of these will take max 15 minutes, so I expect to have it done within a couple of days (bit busy for tomorrow...)

Let me know if there's anything else that you think it needs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version