ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: VPR, visual people randomizer!

<< < (3/5) > >>

daddydave:
May be opening a can of worms here, but if you don't use the screen at that time for anything else (like showing a question to the class, for example), maybe you could take the kid's picture and have it rotate through the pictures?  The program logic would be the same, just the data would show up differently (like flipping through a photo album at high speed looping through and stopping at a random picture).  Just a thought if you are making it "visual".
-steeladept (July 02, 2010, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I first heard about this snack, I thought about something like this.

(Mockup in previous post)
-scancode (July 02, 2010, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought of something similar except I pictured a wall of photos and there is a red LED over the nose of each student that flashes when it's their turn, like in "Wallace and Grommit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" when they get an incoming call.

SingingBoyo:
Wow, thought someone would have picked this up by now  :huh:

I'll see what I can throw together for you.  Using names, not pictures.

EDIT: I did end up picking this up, so here's a link to the current release!

SingingBoyo:
Alright, here's a simple teaser.  Apologies for taking a few days - it was a debugging nightmare.  Ended up hitting dead-lock at one point...  Anyway, its not configurable, but given the number of settings there would be, I've decided to attempt working with XML config and save files, so bear with me as I work on it.  There are also quite a few quirks in the spin when you've got multiple one's going at once, and the lists are fixed, but I am working on it.

My screenies, from the final (and successful... sort of) test... are attached.  Someone tell me how to display attachments inline, and I'll edit this post.  First one is regular winXP theme, second one is my usual dark theme.  (mainly cause it looks cool to me :P)

All suggestions welcome ;)  Have fun with it!

P.S.  The program is the jar file in the zip file...  can't attach jar files to posts here.

EDIT: Another link to the current release, since this post is so much more visible.   :D

SingingBoyo:
Forgot to put this in the other post...

Mouser, please let me know if I can use this as a NANY app :)  Would give me even more reasons to enjoy this little project!

Chessnia:
Oh, this is terrible, I hadn't even seen this, my appologies!!
I thought I was getting an email whenever there was a new reply to this, but I must have done something wrong.  :-[
I'm gonna check this out right now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version