ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A cool Screen saver

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
^Got me beat by 10 mins on powesaver for sure. But in my defense, my screen rarely sits idle when I'm in front of it. I'm either pounding away at the keys or I've put the whole system on standby if I'm not.  ;D

Can't say I follow your logic on how using powersaver features mean a screensaver isn't doing it's job however. The screensaver's job is technically to prevent screen burn. (In reality it's more to provide entertainment - otherwise it would just bank it. ) Powesaver features are to there to reduce electrical consumption and possibly prevent screen burn as a side effect of shutting off the monitor.  

The two jobs are complementary, but they're not quite the same.     ;)  :)

Deozaan:
I think you misunderstand me.

I'm saying that a screen saver has no way of knowing what the "power saving" settings are set to, and as such should always be designed as if the screen would be on indefinitely.

Cpilot:
Whether you like screen savers or not I thought that the implementation was really nice. The movement is very smooth and the patterns IMO are clever.
Also I thought it would be a nice segue to provide a link to ZGameEditor for those who might be interested in something like this.

40hz:
I think you misunderstand me.

I'm saying that a screen saver has no way of knowing what the "power saving" settings are set to, and as such should always be designed as if the screen would be on indefinitely.
-Deozaan (June 30, 2010, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK. Now I get where you're coming from.

I also agree.   :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
I just got a message from Rado1 saying he updated his screensaver to incorporate my suggestions (to prevent burn-in) and added a new shape.

http://www.emix8.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=680#3984

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version