ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

warmouse

(1/3) > >>

Target:
saw this on slashdot this morning and figured some here may be interested (nudone)

An anonymous reader writes "The much-anticipated, much-mocked 18-button joystick mouse from WarMouse is now shipping. The press release features an impressive set of user quotes from game designer Chris Taylor, new SFWA president John Scalzi, and a doctor who runs a medical software company. Crazy or not, it's obviously more than just a gaming mouse."

--- End quote ---

full press release here

looking at this thing I couldn't help but wonder if, in the midst of some frantic gaming, a user wouldn't end up with the same result you got on an old manual typewriter when you mashed a bunch of keys at the same time

Deozaan:
How on earth are you supposed to even use this thing?

nudone:
it doesn't look very sexy - but the thought of what it can do means it's going on my shopping list. i might wait to see if there are any negative reviews before buying one.

(thanks for posting it, target.)

Target:
you're most welcome

personally i'm a bit unsure about it, I mean I like the idea, but I'm not sure how usable it actually is

my first thought was that it wasn't far off doing away with the keyboard  :o 

the other thing here is when combined with the available keyboard application/key/action combinations who's going to be able to remember even half of the hotkeys you can (will?) set up?

nudone:
i'm a bit unsure about it too. but i've always said to myself that i'd buy the first mouse i saw that had lots of buttons on it. this appears to be it.

i'm using 13 buttons on the MX Revolution mouse. that still isn't quite enough so i've tried to double them up by using button combinations (with autohotkey). this almost works. so, i'm hoping that 18 buttons will just be about right. the layout looks a bit awkward - i just hope it's something that is quickly absorbed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version