ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: app to rotate multi-page images

<< < (7/9) > >>

rjbull:
Love the name   ;D

deano:
Love the name   ;D
-rjbull (July 04, 2010, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I forgot to mention that, that's superb naming :)  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Superb, it works!  Many thanks.  I love a simple app that does exactly what you need it to do :)-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great.  I'm glad it's working for you.  =]

Just one thing; i clicked Help,About and the message box is empty.  Presumably this would have the answers to these questions;

* What does Edit, Launch File do?
* What do the Get data... and Update highlighted... buttons do?
-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doh, forgot to take out the Edit, Launch entry.  As for the other buttons:

* Get data from focused row -- This will populate the the radio button cluster and the output directory field below the listview with the data from the focused row.
* Update highlighted rows -- Let's say you just dropped a slew of TIFF files on the listview.  Highlight them all, choose a rotation, set the output directory field and then click that button.  ALL highlighted rows will be updated with your entered values.  It's a quick way to set the rotation/output data for lots of rows.

deano:
Superb, it works!  Many thanks.  I love a simple app that does exactly what you need it to do :)-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great.  I'm glad it's working for you.  =]

Just one thing; i clicked Help,About and the message box is empty.  Presumably this would have the answers to these questions;

* What does Edit, Launch File do?
* What do the Get data... and Update highlighted... buttons do?
-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doh, forgot to take out the Edit, Launch entry.  As for the other buttons:

* Get data from focused row -- This will populate the the radio button cluster and the output directory field below the listview with the data from the focused row.
* Update highlighted rows -- Let's say you just dropped a slew of TIFF files on the listview.  Highlight them all, choose a rotation, set the output directory field and then click that button.  ALL highlighted rows will be updated with your entered values.  It's a quick way to set the rotation/output data for lots of rows.-skwire (July 04, 2010, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, that makes sense.

Mucho thanks once again Skwire, I do believe that this will provide a genuine boost to my productivity.  I'll drop you a donation as a token of my appreciation.

On a technical note would you be able to explain how you did it?  Was it all autohotkey or something else?  And would you have the source code?  As I said way back at the top of this thread I am trying to learn how to create different kinds of programs on Windows and would like to make things like this for other people as well.

skwire:
Mucho thanks once again Skwire, I do believe that this will provide a genuine boost to my productivity.  I'll drop you a donation as a token of my appreciation.-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome.  I'm happy to help out.

On a technical note would you be able to explain how you did it?  Was it all autohotkey or something else?  And would you have the source code?  As I said way back at the top of this thread I am trying to learn how to create different kinds of programs on Windows and would like to make things like this for other people as well.-deano (July 04, 2010, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

The interface is all AutoHotkey.  The grunt work behind the scenes is done by convert.exe from the ImageMagick suite and tiffinfo.exe from the LibTIFF suite.  I use convert.exe to do the rotation and converting from TIFF to JPG (using the "/rotate #" parameter).  The tiffinfo.exe I use for determining how many pages are in the TIFF file.

AutoHotkey is superb for making front-ends that utilise commandline executables and/or DLL files.  Initially, I had intended to use the GDI+ library to do it all but I couldn't find a way to get the number of pages in a TIFF file using it so I wrote it using IrfanView doing the image manipulation.  However, I remembered that you wanted to use this at work and IrfanView's license doesn't allow that without paid registration.  I then rewrote it using the current ImageMagick/LibTIFF method, hence the delay in getting it to you.

Does that help clear things up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version