ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: app to rotate multi-page images

<< < (2/9) > >>

ewemoa:
Afraid not!  :(

I've had a good go with Irfanview and was amazed, given the millions of options and buttons, that it won't do what I want.
-deano (June 29, 2010, 10:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is surprising -- unfortunate too.

I looked at the "Command Line Options" section of IrfanView's help file and saw some things which looked relevant:

/filelist=txtfile -        use filenames from "txtfile" as input, see examples below
/rotate_r -        rotate input image to right
/rotate_l -        rotate input image to left
/hflip -        horizontal flip
/vflip -        vertical flip
/multitif=(tif,files) -        create multipage TIF from input files
/extract=(folder,ext) -        extract all pages from a multipage file

--- End quote ---

I don't suppose a combination of some / all of these and possibly other options might be of any use...

deano:
Many thanks for your persistence in this matter :)

Well command line eh?  That last /extract option looks interesting and I'll give it a go later this evening when I'm back from work.  I'm not sure I see that as a long-term solution, assuming it works, as I would like an easy to use GUI that I could give to a friend who also gets these faxes.

I really am intrigued by trying to code something myself.  At the moment all I really know in C# is that the lines all end in ; :)

#Afraid not!  :(

I've had a good go with Irfanview and was amazed, given the millions of options and buttons, that it won't do what I want.
-deano (June 29, 2010, 10:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is surprising -- unfortunate too.

I looked at the "Command Line Options" section of IrfanView's help file and saw some things which looked relevant:

/filelist=txtfile -        use filenames from "txtfile" as input, see examples below
/rotate_r -        rotate input image to right
/rotate_l -        rotate input image to left
/hflip -        horizontal flip
/vflip -        vertical flip
/multitif=(tif,files) -        create multipage TIF from input files
/extract=(folder,ext) -        extract all pages from a multipage file

--- End quote ---

I don't suppose a combination of some / all of these and possibly other options might be of any use...
-ewemoa (June 30, 2010, 12:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

skwire:
I think I'm going to take a crack at this one.

deano:
I think I'm going to take a crack at this one.
-skwire (June 30, 2010, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey nice one! 
I'll race you - i'm on chapter 3 of C# for Dummies.  :)

skwire:
Some questions:

1) When you get one of these TIFF files, are all the pages mis-rotated in the same orientation?
2) Do you normally only work with one TIFF at a time?  Or do you work with several of these TIFFs at a given time?
3) Are you able to provide me with a sample TIFF file that you deal with?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version