ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR won't start - help!

(1/2) > >>

alias:
I just rebooted my laptop after a set of Windows updates from yesterday, and I got a message that "Find&Run Robot has stopped working", as it was booting up.  I reinstalled the latest version (same as the one I had), but no luck.

You KNOW my computer is completely useless without FARR, right?  HELP!

Thanks,

Mark

mouser:
leaving aside the issue of starting when windows starts, if you just run FARR manually, will it run?
if it still wont work you could try this:
Exit Farr
go to the directory where FARR stores its settings (in the program files\findandrunrobot) if on win xp or older, or in documents\donationcoder\finadandrunrobot if on vista or later, and rename the FindAndRunRobot.ini file as  FindAndRunRobot_RENAMED.ini and try starting then.

if its a plugin issue you could try renaming the Plugins folder and restarting.

alias:
Hi Mouser,

Running manually does the same thing.  I renamed the ini file - no change.

I renamed the Plugins folder, and it came up with the "Hello" msg in the system tray.  Exited and renamed my original .ini and ran again, loaded ok.

So it's clearly one of the Plugins, apparently.  The thing that worries me is that this update included .net updates.  I'm on W7 Ultimate.

Thanks for the help - awesome, sir...

Mark

mouser:
see if you can figure out what plugin is causing the trouble.

alias:
It's FARRAltTab.  Wouldn't you know it - it's one of my most-used plugins...  :'( >:( :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version