ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR prevents DiRT 2 from starting

<< < (3/4) > >>

rob0t:
btw i noticed that there is a recent patch for this game. among the issues that was fixed is "a rare crash during the loading sequence". i wonder if your game is already patched?

• http://www.bigdownload.com/games/dirt-2/pc/dirt-2-v11-patch/
-lanux128 (June 22, 2010, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
yes, it is patched

lanux128:
in that case, it might be faster to write a batch file that closes Farr and launches your game and later when you're done playing, do the reverse.. :)

bartoncasey:
I ran in to this as well. When it ran after I killed off everything in my status tray, I figured the culprit must have been something like Daemon Tools or AVG. I was pretty surprised that it ended up being FARR. 32-bit XP here, with a single NVidia graphics card.

It's quite happy to run alongside Autohotkey. However, the autohotkey bindings don't work within the game. This makes me think that Dirt2 is doing some low-level keyboard stuff that is conflicting with FARR.

Jabberwock:
I use Ctrl+`. It's quite convenient as it does not require looking at the keyboard (I could not do e.g. Win + function or Pause like that) and still does not interfere with my more frequently used shortcuts (I use it a lot, but not as often as my "work" cuts).

I might be a bit obsessive about it, but I don't like to move my fingers from where they belong, i.e. the home keys (yes, I know, the sentence just invites all those NSFW comments ;) ). As my work requires quite a lot of typing - I am a translator - I prefer to have everything close to my fingertips. In my work applications I have most of the commands available as Left Alt + home-or-near-home keys, i.e. JKL;UIOPNM (<- that was easy to type  :D ). At some point I had even arrow keys redefined as Ctrl+JKL: but it turned out they were not used that much.

Sorry for that aside, but I think it's still on the topic, considering that FARR is all about eliminating that productivity-killing monster i.e. mouse + desktop, menus etc.

skajfes:
I use Ctrl+`. It's quite convenient as it does not require looking at the keyboard (I could not do e.g. Win + function or Pause like that) and still does not interfere with my more frequently used shortcuts (I use it a lot, but not as often as my "work" cuts).

I might be a bit obsessive about it, but I don't like to move my fingers from where they belong, i.e. the home keys (yes, I know, the sentence just invites all those NSFW comments ;) ). As my work requires quite a lot of typing - I am a translator - I prefer to have everything close to my fingertips. In my work applications I have most of the commands available as Left Alt + home-or-near-home keys, i.e. JKL;UIOPNM (<- that was easy to type  :D ). At some point I had even arrow keys redefined as Ctrl+JKL: but it turned out they were not used that much.

Sorry for that aside, but I think it's still on the topic, considering that FARR is all about eliminating that productivity-killing monster i.e. mouse + desktop, menus etc.
-Jabberwock (July 15, 2010, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wrong thread?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version