ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock runs perfectly fine, but shutting down/closing dock results in crash

<< < (2/2)

Markham:
I think it's reasonable to assume that Circle Dock is not the guilty party, otherwise this board would be full of complaining messages.

Is your's a notebook PC? The reason I ask is that one of my testers has a HP laptop with Vista-64 and encountered exactly the same problem as you described. Based on previous experience I always check to see if there are any updates for device drivers - video drivers are the usual suspects. We updated his and that fixed the problem. Whether it will fix yours, I don't know.

The other thing you can try is defragment your hard drive and change the default swap file from "System Managed" to a fixed size based on 2.5 times the amount of physical RAM. So if yours is a 2 GiB PC, your swap file should be 5 GiB. That should ensure that the swap file is contiguous on disk.

If yours is an older PC with a Pentium IV or Xeon CPU, try disabling "Multi-Threading" in the BIOS settings.

Ok if I return to my deckchair in the sun now, Sarge? :D

Mark

sgtevmckay:
Ok if I return to my deckchair in the sun now, Sarge? :D

Mark
-Markham (June 21, 2010, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Supposed to be there in the first place  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version