ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 :: Calling All Volunteers and Entrants wanting a hand

(1/5) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
We are keen to see the NANY Entrants get the most out of this event and really be able to showcase their programmes. Sometimes it's the little things, like a custom icon, or the tedious, such as help authoring, but all the added extras in a software release help to make the package more user friendly and usable - which is the ultimate aim, after all.

Volunteers
We encourage all our members to get involved with the community nature of the NANY event by offering their talents to the hard working entrants to help with the ancillary aspects of their entries. Volunteering on NANY projects is a great way for everyone to get involved with the Event, coders and non-coders alike!

What can a NANY Volunteer do?
In reality, they can do anything that's required. Some ideas are:

* Team up with a coder:

* help plan and design an application
* create a coding team
* Help Authoring
* Create Icons / Graphics
* Create SplashScreen
* Create Screencast Video
* Create DCUpdater File
* Create Sounds / Music
* Beta Testers
* Create Web Page
* Text reviewer / editor
* Translations
Current Offers
If you are an Entrant in this year's NANY, why not spread the joy by getting some extra help? PM the volunteer directly and negotiate what you'd like them to do: don't forget to credit your volunteers on your NANY entry page  :)

* Help Authoring / Documentation
* SleepingWolf
* Target
* cjseymour
* Screencast Video

* cjseymour [BB FlashBack Pro]
* Translation

* adi_barb

* Romanian
* Italian
* French
* Spanish
* Testing

* steeladept
* Target
* tomos
* cjseymour
* adi_barb
* Development Design / Review

* cjseymour
* Icon Creation / Manipulation

* h8ghmaintenance
* WebSite Programming / Authoring
Don't forget that all NANY Entrants can get free space on DonationCoder.com to host a site for their Entry!

* adi_barb

Special NANY Volunteer
We will be creating screencasts of this year's programmes again as part of the DC evaluation, so help with that testing and video production would be appreciated as well. If you're interested in this aspect please PM me directly.

For anyone wanting to volunteer their services we've had some very generous donations of software for that will help get the job done:

* Help & Manual Pro: Documentation Authoring
* Dr Explain: Help Authoring
* Axialis IconWorkshop Professional: Icon Creation
* Camtasia Studio 7: Screen recorder
* BB FlashBack Pro: Screen recorder
* SandboxIE: Sandbox-based Isolation (12 Month Personal License) -- Unfortunately these Licenses have been withdrawn due to a little confusion.
At this stage we're looking at First Come - First Served: The software offered are full version licences and yours to keep! You of course do not have to request one of the programmes when you volunteer if you're happy using your current software, but if any of the software titles will help then it's our pleasure to help you in your endeavours.

Instructions

* If you have a skill, or skills, to offer the NANY Entrants reply to this post and list what skills you'd like to offer.
* If you'd like to take advantage of the software give-away PM me after you've posted your offer
* A NANY Entrant who can use your assistance will get in contact you (maybe PM is best?) and detail what they need.
* If you agree to help you will be listed as a volunteer on their project page.
* If accepting that request alters your offer of assistance you should edit your reply as required. It's pointless knocking back requests if you've had your available time taken!
* Offering and accepting NANY Volunteering services is a serious undertaking, you're entering into a type of partnership with the entrant, so it should not be taken lightly; though it doesn't need to be a huge task either.
* You can volunteer on as many entries as you like!

SleepingWolf:
I'd like to volunteer for help/ doc authoring; I'm generally pretty good at the ol' spelling in English. I've previously used Word and Javadocs; I'm up for trying the above software ('Help & Manual Pro' and/or 'Dr Explain') or downloadable free/ cheap alternatives. Obviously this will require some participation with the software author.

I can't believe more people haven't volunteered yet!

Perry Mowbray:
Me too  :o, but all in good time...

I've PM'd you, but the give-away software is so that you don't have to use a cheap alternative.  :Thmbsup:

The two software title function quite differently... let me know if you have a preference.

steeladept:
Wow.  Somehow I missed this thread.  I am more than willing to alpha/beta test any software people are looking for testers for.  If I can figure out how, I would even be willing to screencast it as I learned the ins and outs of the software.  At least that is one way this non-coder can help....

Perry Mowbray:
 :Thmbsup: I've PM'd you.

Wow.  Somehow I missed this thread.  I am more than willing to alpha/beta test any software people are looking for testers for. -steeladept (July 20, 2010, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're interested in testing any specific entries you may like to mention it in their thread(s), just so they're aware  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version