ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

<< < (12/19) > >>

Darwin:
Hmm... I never tried sending Outlook to PSTF as it was and remains one of the icons that I always leave set to appear in the system tray. I did successfully use PSTray Factory to control evernote 2.2 though. Granted, that was PSTF version 2.3 under XP 32-bit...

If you're on Vista (are you?), as am I, I don't see much reason to bother trying to get PSTF to work. When I realised that PSTF 2.x didn't play with 64-bit OS's, I was forced to configure Vista to hide icons and found that it works really well - much better (ie more consistent and reliable) than the "Hide inactive icons" feature in XP.

Just my two-bits...

wraith808:
I'm not in Vista... it's not really a big deal; I never even thought about it before I saw this thread... being the software addict I am, I *had* to look at it.  :-[

It would probably be a cool addition, but nothing that I'm missing by not having it.

dr_andus:
Is anyone still using PS Tray Factory on a Windows 7, 64-bit system? If yes, is it working alright? Would you have any other suggestions for a system tray replacement or extension?

In recent weeks my system tray has started acting up. It would stop displaying a whole lot of icons for software that are otherwise running. This is occurring randomly, i.e. after some rebooting or waking up the system tray either works properly or it doesn't.

All I need is a system tray that would do what the system tray is supposed to do, i.e. show all the icons for the software that are running with the system tray option, and allow me to select a few to be permanently pinned to the system tray part of the task bar. Basically my Win7 native system tray stopped working as it's supposed to.

dr_andus:
Having just tried it, PS Tray Factory does exactly what I need. It's just a bit annoying that I'd have to shell out USD24.95 for making Window's tray do what it is supposed to be doing.

I checked on AlternativeTo and there don't seem to be many alternatives in this category...

tomos:
In recent weeks my system tray has started acting up. It would stop displaying a whole lot of icons for software that are otherwise running. This is occurring randomly, i.e. after some rebooting or waking up the system tray either works properly or it doesn't.
-dr_andus (December 24, 2013, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had that problem over the last couple of months with 7 x64 - seems to have stabilised now though FWIW. I did install a bunch of non-critical windows updates lately. Maybe one of them helped, but I really dont know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version