ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

<< < (8/19) > >>

Darwin:
I had a response today along with a link to a functioning 64-bit compatible version  :Thmbsup: It's an alpha of version 3 of Tray Factory - I'll post a link to it if the developer gives me permission to do so.

Just to note: I posted about this here as well.

Scott:
Still haven't received responses from PTFF "support".  How nice of them.  I do support for a software vendor, and if I pulled that kind of crap, I'd be out of a job.  Nice that some people just don't have to give a damn.  Good for them.

Darwin:
Still haven't received responses from PTFF "support".  How nice of them.  I do support for a software vendor, and if I pulled that kind of crap, I'd be out of a job.  Nice that some people just don't have to give a damn.  Good for them.
-Scott (February 01, 2009, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, sadly my communications with the developer, while pleasant enough, have been VERY sporadic! I’m not running PS Tray Factory at all at the moment as the latest build sends explorer.exe into fits, so I await a fresh release. I find Vista's 'Hide Inactive Icons” feature to be much better implemented than the one in XP and don't really miss having a third party solution available.

PS just took a look and realize that you've not had a response in two months now. Not good - you probably don't care at this point (though your cash is invested in the thing), but have you tried writing again? I got a response on my second try...

miki75:
-Scott (February 01, 2009, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi all,

not easy communications with PS Tray Factory's author ... first email without reply for 5 days,
then sent it again and I received a reply in few hours.
IMHO PS Tray Factory is the best for tray icons menagement with versions 2.6 or 3.0
but the version 3 is "currently unstable" (under develop) as wrote by Darwin.
I use version 3 on my XP SP3 without any problem  :Thmbsup:

Regards

Miki

Darwin:
I received an acknowledgement of my last beta bug report yesterday (though I had sent it about a week ago). The developer IS working on this - hopefully we'll see a stable release soon. I'm currently not running it and am using Vista's built in hide icons feature. As noted earlier, after about 6 hours, I can get by without it without being inconvenienced... however, I don't want to work like this forever!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version