ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

<< < (7/19) > >>

Scott:
I bought PSTF (because to this day, I'm stupid enough to buy shareware before testing it fully), and I'm disgusted with it.  Not only did it screw up some of my tray icons (especially Vuze) by making two, three, four, or even more duplicate icons appear erroneously, it has proven useless for restoring icons after an Explorer kill or crash.  That sucks, because icon restoration is the main reason I bought the damned thing.

I sent two emails to "support" (first one sent 8 days before today) and have been completely ignored.

I don't need to hear "Works great for me; you must suck!" from 15 other people.  Really.  (No need to copy/paste that sentence to be cute, either.)

I fully admit the loss of cash is my fault.  I never learn.  Oh well.  I'll find a way to make it up.

Darwin:
I'd given up on PSTray Factory and Vista (version 2.5 installs fine but does nothing)
-Darwin (September 17, 2008, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

- odd!! I installed 2.5 on Vista (only heard of the 2.63 today), and it worked as it did on XP; fine!
-Curt (November 28, 2008, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is indeed odd, Curt - glad it works for you, though.

Darwin:
I sent two emails to "support" (first one sent 8 days before today) and have been completely ignored.
-Scott (November 28, 2008, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW - I had occasion to write to support recently as well and have not had a response*.

*Of course, I wrote yesterday and today is a holiday in the US...

Darwin:
Never did hear from the developer. I'm moving to 64-bit Vista Ultimate so will renew my efforts to contact him or her! I'll report back soon (I hope...).

Darwin:
Update - finally got around to writing to PS Tray Factory development team re: 64-bit support today. Will report back if I get a response (not optimistic, though, given the stony silence that greeted my last missive  :o).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version