ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Large black border

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
ok, that makes sense.. it sounds like the Copy Image/Object to Clipboard is not properly handling transparency. will try to fix.

wideeyedguy:
I wanted to add in here just a bit.

I've noticed the same problem using the same sequence of steps as davekelly
without adding the objects. I capture, go in to SC, add a drop shadow, Ctrl+C to copy
to the clipboard, then go out to an email or Excel, Ctrl+P to paste - - wide black border appears.

I know for fact that I was doing this same procedure before, perhaps this latest update,
to capture then paste directly in emails and the shadow appeared just as expected.

Also, if I use the Thumbnail command, it puts a border and drop shadow around the
image and pastes in to outside app/email just fine - - except that the resolution of
the image gets fuzzy for some reason.

Not sure if it's related, but about two weeks ago I activated SC and all of my
Preference settings were reset somehow. It was a mess and still haven't gotten
everything back to the way it was since I didn't track my settings.

My screenshots seem to have a poorer resolution when creating a Thumbnail
and I'm not sure what is going on with that.

Thanks and looking forward to the fix on the Drop Shadow.

weg

johnfdeluca:
Any word on this bug?  I installed the latest version and experiencing this issue.  Am in the midst of a large number of screenshots for some documentation and I really need this to work properly (with shadow....not big black border).  Any way I can get an older version of the software before this bug was introduced?

mouser:
there is no bug as far as i can tell -- choose menu "File -> Create Thumbnail" and set whatever border size, shadow, and smoothing filter that you want.

let me know if you are still stuck and think there is a bug i'm not understanding.

johnfdeluca:
Perhaps I misunderstood the OP.  Here's what I am doing:

Capturing screenshot
Adding shadow
Copying to clipboard (via Edit -> Copy Image/Object to Clipboard)
Pasting elsewhere

The pasted version used to retain the shadow but now I just have a black border instead of a shadow effect wherever I paste

Using Windows XP
This appears in both the latest production version and the beta.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version