ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Large black border

(1/5) > >>

davekelly:
PC: Win 7 x64, Aero interface
SC 2.82.01

I have just started using SC, but I find if I add a drop shadow to the captured image it appears fine in SC main form, but when pasting into any other third party app (eg email) it is replaced by a very thick black border.

I can see it is something to do with transparency, as saving the file as a png looks correct, but saving as jpg has the same effect as when I paste into other apps from the clipboard

Am I just misunderstanding something?

I used Picpick up until recently, which didn't exhibit this behaviour.

Large black border

mouser:
that's strange!
it sounds like you've done a pretty good job of identifying the details of the problem.. but im not sure from your description exactly what is happening.

when you save as jpg, it can't save true transparency, so it should "flatten" the shadow and save a gradual looking transparency that is merged with the canvas background color.

can you try this -- before you save as jpg, use the menu toolbar item "Objects->Flatten Background Transparency" and then save it.

also, maybe you could attach:
1) png save of screenshot that has this phenomena
2) jpg save version
3) self capture of the SC window with this image, where it shows ok (trigger via toolbar menu "Capture -> Capture Image of Screenshot Captor Window").

davekelly:
Merging background transparency works correctly.

I only saved as a jpg so I could attach it to the post, I normally use clippings by capturing, then pasting directly into MS Word or MS Outlook. This is where I am getting the black border as shown in the previous post.

Cippings attached

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb] [attachthumb=#2][/attachthumb] [attachthumb=#3][/attachthumb]

mouser:
it's good to hear that merging background transparency works.. and that is exactly what should happen AUTOMATICALLY when you save a jpg.

ok so let me clarify, i think i might understand:

you aren't using the menu "File -> Save As" to save your jpg that is black bordered, you are copying the image to the clipboard then pasting into another application and saving?

or.. can you explain exactly how you get from the SC image to the black bordered image and black bordered jpg?

davekelly:
The basic procedure I have been using is

Capture
Add arrows/annotations, frame (have it set to drop shadow in post capture options)
Edit, Copy Image/Object to clipboard
Paste in other app.

This is where the black border comes in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version