ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a Decent Contacts Manager

<< < (8/9) > >>

mwb1100:
it had the least annoyances for me compared to the rest
-J-Mac (June 29, 2010, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's too bad that that has to be the deciding factor. This is how I ended up with my bank and the place I bought my car from as well.

steeladept:
Yes, that is, unfortunately the way I end up choosing many things.  I can understand completely, both the frustration and resignation that led to that.  Perhaps the NANY2011 project in the same lines will yield a result you are more happy with.  Be sure to keep in touch with Perry as he works on ContactFX

J-Mac:
I am definitely keeping both eyes on Perry's project!

I wasn’t trying to disparage all the other contacts apps mentioned here. It's just that certain features that were important to me personally didn't exist together in any of them, unfortunately. Handy just happened to have the most included in one app. Other users may - and probably do - feel the same about others discussed here. Address books are a particularly personal software and it would be difficult for a developer to satisfy all wants in one program. Could be done, for sure. But the cost of putting all features in one app is probably too high and wouldn’t necessarily get a big enough return. I noticed a lot of these apps try to mimic Outlook in many ways as I guess they feel that Outlook's features are known/wanted by most users. (Not me, though!)

There are a couple apps above that I will also keep an eye on and if they add certain features I will quite possibly end up purchasing one of them down the line.  :)

Thanks!

Jim

Sarkand:
Take a look at Open Contacts Free, open source, simple and flexible.  Reasonable printing by selection.  Just basic and works great for me.

J-Mac:
Take a look at Open Contacts Free, open source, simple and flexible.  Reasonable printing by selection.  Just basic and works great for me.
-Sarkand (July 14, 2010, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sarkand, I did download that about a week and a half ago; haven't installed it yet though. Good to hear it works well on your end. I'll give it a try sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version