ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a Decent Contacts Manager

<< < (7/9) > >>

steeladept:
If synch with handhelds is a must, how about ListPro?
-rjbull (June 16, 2010, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe I just didn't see it, but this looks to be just a list manager rather than a PIM (contact manager & calendar are missing from what I see).  Also, I don't see it syncing with blackberries or now the iPhone (not that I will get an iPhone, but still).  Actually, ideally it would not even need to be a smartphone - but the phones that can sync with a computer decrease dramatically, mostly because the sync software isn't there.

Vista Home Premium comes with Windows Calendar, that looks (from memory) much like the calendar component of Outlook, also Contacts.
-rjbull (June 16, 2010, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fortunately, I don't suffer from Vista.  I am still on XP - though I am looking into upgrading to Win7.  I will check that out on Win7 as well.

J-Mac:
Hi Mark.

I just didn't really like the UI of Start Trak. Maybe it's just me being fussy but to start it shows a sample contact in the center of the screen like it is a pop-up, but I don’t think it is. Can't dismiss it, can't move it out of my way. It just sits there and does nothing no matter what action I take. It just looked odd enough to make me feel out of sorts when trying to work in it.

Oh - and it only allows like three or five contacts to be added to the trial version. That is a little too limiting for me to see how I like it. Can't even get a full page report with that. Handy Address Book has a similar limit but theirs is 30 added contacts. A little better but not great. What is with the unreasonable limits? If things are that tough then just add a lot more demo material on the website and skip the damn trial version!

Thank you.

Jim

mwfuss:
Jim,

When I open Stat Trak I am greeted by the nag screen since I have not yet purchased the program. I do not keep the main window maximized; I make it small enough so that the Address Listings screen does not look like it is floating in a sea of nothingness. The screenshot below shows what I mean.

By doing so, I have found that I can live with the GUI. By the way, if you want to see a contacts manager/address book with a really ugly GUI take a look at this program, Address Book Plus.

Mark

J-Mac:
Mark, mine opened maximized - or actually not maximized but the window as large as my 24" monitor. Twice I manually resized it to look like yours but upon system reboot it opened again too large. I just gave up trying to fix it. After all I could only add a few contacts and that was it. Not that much else to try with it. It is uninstalled now.

Thank you.

Jim

J-Mac:
BTW, I never posted back as to which I ended up purchasing: That would be Handy Address Book. Not that it is that great or much better than the others mentioned here, but it had the least annoyances for me compared to the rest. If another progresses to the point where it has almost everything I want then I might just buy that too.

Thanks to all for your comments!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version