ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Monitor the size of files

(1/7) > >>

Contro:
I use Goldmine 5.5 and Thunderbird.
I would an utility to run occasionally the size of a predefined list of files.

Best Regards.

Note : I have too many disks. Several terabytes, so I would like only seeks in the predefined list of files. and in the local area network.

sajman99:
Hi Contro. I'm not sure about this "predefined list of files".

SpaceSniffer and OverDisk are two personal faves, but sounds like you may want lists rather than graphical representations.

Have you tried any of the space analysis tools such as TreeSize Free or GetFoldersize which provide lists?

Sorry if I'm on the wrong track here--you might want to go over to Coding Snacks and ask for help.

skwire:
To clarify, all you want is something like a simple listview that you can add files to and have it show their size?

Contro:
Hi Contro. I'm not sure about this "predefined list of files".

SpaceSniffer and OverDisk are two personal faves, but sounds like you may want lists rather than graphical representations.

Have you tried any of the space analysis tools such as TreeSize Free or GetFoldersize which provide lists?

Sorry if I'm on the wrong track here--you might want to go over to Coding Snacks and ask for help.
-sajman99 (June 19, 2010, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll take a good look to all links.
I have used in the past programs to inform the folders size and files size and obtain a Statistical general information. Take several minutes to report. Look interesting the first time to see the bigger files you have and the bigger folders, but I need to control the size of certain files that may affect to the system when they are very large.

a batch perhaps ?

Best Regards

Contro:
To clarify, all you want is something like a simple listview that you can add files to and have it show their size?
-skwire (June 19, 2010, 10:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. i think so.
Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version