ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: DCDisplay

<< < (7/10) > >>

mouser:
what should Ctrl+T do? should it show two pages side by side? here it just seems to toggle the zoom slightly between full page and almost full page, always showing one page.

nharding:
I'll have a look at the installer, I just use the Publish command in C# to generate the install.

Ctrl T should show 2 pages at a time (it assumes a page is double page if width > height, in which it skips that page (it also assumes 1st and last pages are double pages as well, so that it's like reading a book with a front and back cover).

Neil

superboyac:
OK, I'm going to ask for a pretty awesome feature request, but I know it's hard to do, so I don't expect it.  But it's cool!
http://comicreader.mobi/
That's Comic Reader Mobi.  It's the iOS comic reader.  What's amazing about it is if you tap on the text bubble of a comic, it will enlarge ONLY the text bubble while everything else stays the same.  Isn't that freaking awesome?!  So you can read your comic on your computer or mobile device, and you can set it to "fit to page" and just use the zoom to magnify the text.  It's really sweet.  I know, all these comic readers already have magnifying glass features, and so on, but nothing beats the elegance of this solution.

mouser:
that zoom feature might be needed on a mobile device, but for a desktop reader, it's hard to see the value in it.

superboyac:
that zoom feature might be needed on a mobile device, but for a desktop reader, it's hard to see the value in it.
-mouser (January 06, 2011, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I beg do tiffer (politely, of course).  Not entirely, but somewhat.  I'll explain.  I do occasionally read comics on my computer, and while it's big enough to see the text AND see the entire page fit on the screen, SOMETIMES you do want to just expand the text a little more without having to zoom the rest of it.  Now, all these readers have that magnifying glass feature, but it's better just to have the text box pop out without having the surrounding magnified.  Anyway, it's not essential, but I can almost guarantee that it would increase your reading pleasure greatly and people would love it.  It might be more trouble than it's worth to program, but still, just a thought...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version