ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: DCDisplay

<< < (6/10) > >>

nharding:
Hi Mouser,

I made the keys compatible with CDisplay, but I will make it reload the mini comic if you press F1 or select Help. The background color will be added once I add in the configuration screen (I plan on making it so that you can reassign the keys), at the moment you could manually modify settings.xml to change options but that won't be required for the final release. The filename sorting took a lot longer than I expected, it is designed to work in cases where people do not name files consistently.

Neil

mouser:
reassigning keys, not important for me, and i have no problem modifying settings.xml, so i will try that -- IF i could figure out where this thing installed its files :)

the f1 help sounds like a good idea.  making X quit and escape show help might also be a good idea.

also i think pgup and pgdn go back and forth pages, which is very good, but im not sure the help says that.

nharding:
Try the Ctrl T 2 page mode which is very nice way of reading a comic, and Ctrl S brings up a settings menu where you can adjust a bunch of parameters for the shader (at the moment the settings are not saved but they will be once I have the database installed, I want to be able to set settings for an individual comic (or page)).

If you view an image larger than the screen, and use space it will scroll around the image.

You can also use the wheel on the mouse to scroll through a comic as well. I'd like to add PDF support at a later date, since Acrobat is terrible :)

Neil

nharding:
I've carried on working on DCDisplay. I've been adding a check all files mode, it recurses all the hard drives on your computer and examines every archive (zip & rar). It reports any problems it finds, and also any duplicate files (it does an image checksum of all the images in the archive, so if you have cbr and cbz version of the same contents it will match as a duplicate). I use a html template match that I wrote, so you can style the output (there is a simple default template with all fields present in a table.).

It generates a thumbnail of the first page in each archive that can be used in the html output, and it saves the results as it checks the files so you only have to do it once (and then the next time, it will just examine the new files although it will still compare with all the original files). It reports problems it finds, including nested archives (zip files inside another zip for example), thumbs.db inside the archive (no point at all, and increases the size). MAC format zip (MACOSX directory, which causes CDisplay to crash, although DCDisplay can handle it with ease), corrupt images, and malformed archives.

I've also replaced the 7Zip extractor, and now use native C# code to read rar and zip files with no dll dependency. I have a few TB of data that I am testing it with, so it will take a while to run (it's been running for over 30 hours non stop and seems to be working fine), once the report is generated I will update the release with a new version.

Neil

mouser:
cool.

i really think you have to do something about the way this program installs itself.  if you need to have it install instead of just running, there has to be some way to do it so that it actually installs and copies files to some permanent place in Program Files\ and runs properly from there.  as it is now it seems like it leaves the files where they are but makes some registration somewhere so that you can't move the files and can't run the setup program again without removing it from the Add/Remove list.  it's very confusing and i've never seen anything quite so confusing in an installer. not to be harsh but something is terribly wrong with the way this installs -- or else i'm very confused, or both.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version