ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: DCDisplay

<< < (2/10) > >>

Crush:
The links arenĀ“t working. Is rapidshare down atm?

mouser:
screenshots please!

nharding:
Yes it appears as though it was down temporarily (they are supposed to be changing the system they use today, so I guess it went down sometime after I posted the links) and whilst writing the reply it came back up.

tomos:
Well I didnt have a clue what CDisplay was in it's time, but I read a share of comics online so I thought I'll try an 'I'm feeling lucky' install :)

I see it's main purpose is to read cbr/cbz files - of which I dont have any :D - anyone know where I can get some free or cheap comics?
So I simply tried it out as a viewer.   

Observations so far:
it looks great. I like the idea & the shortcuts are nice and easy and very useful. I love the way the arrows simply move the image, even off-screen if you want

problems:
worked fine first couple of times but used a lot of cpu - 20% of dual core. Everything else struggled with it running in the background - jerky mouse etc.
Now it has started seizing up - even before I try to load anything. If I try to change to another app, I cant - alttab doesnt work etc. So I have to kill it.
I'm not sure what could have changed - could it be it's trying to go to the images I last looked at? I did see a flash of an image the last time I started it & then it went to the intro image.

BTW where is the install? I couldnt find it - is it in the unpacked zip file? The shortcut on the desktop doesnt seem to be a normal shortcut - it only shows the path to itself!

nharding:
I used the "publish" application in Visual Studio, but it produces a weird installation. I think it installs in some guid generated path name which seems to be counterintuitive. When you open an archive it reads in the images and decodes them ahead of time (it does this is 2 parts, one to decompress the file from the archive, and another to convert the image from graphic format into a texture for the graphics card). So if you read normally then pressing space for next page will be extremely fast since it has already pre-cached the result. I need to split this into a different thread to maintain responsiveness (and then in the UI thread check if the results are ready, which at the moment I don't need to do since it can assume they are).

Neil Harding

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version