ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: DCDisplay

(1/10) > >>

nharding:
NANY 2011 Entry Information
Application NameDCDisplayVersion0.4Short DescriptionComic/Magazine viewerSupported OSesWindows XP,Vista,7Download DCDisplayInstaller0.4.rar (7231.58 kB - downloaded 1659 times.)
Comic Sources:

* http://goldenagecomics.co.uk//index.php
* http://www.flashbackuniverse.com/downloads.aspxAuthor Neil Harding

Description
I wanted a replacement for CDisplay (which hasn't been worked on for years), so I am writing DCDisplay. I'm using XNA (although the application will be PC only, no XBox support is planned) as I wanted an excuse to learn C#.

Features
All the basic functionality is now supported, including next and previous (which uses a new sort algorithm that sorts more like English.) I am using a pixel shader to allow the contrast, saturation, brightness, deyellow, gamma, skew, lighten image near spine although the settings are not currently preserved.

Just added the database (which scans your hard drive for the entire contents and allow you to find duplicates based on names as well as contents). This is not the final version, but has most of the features that will be present.

Planned Features
I also want to add some graphical niceties (I want to do a comic style UI).

Screenshots

Usage
Installation
Download the zip file and decompress it, then run the setup.exe file and it will install it.

Using the Application
When you run the application for the first time it will display a small comic with instructions inside.
The main key you need is space, the controls are the same as CDisplay.

Uninstallation
Windows Control Panel / Add Remove Programs, or click the Uninstall DCDisplay link that is now added.

superboyac:
Very nice!  I used to use Cdisplay.  Then I found another, more polished program called Comicrack.  Comicrack is great.  Full featured, organizes your comics also.  You can say it's more bloated than CDisplay, also.  But CDisplay is very very minimalist, which I like also.

Anyway, I just wanted to offer some encouragement.

mouser:
Love it  :up: :up:

Crush:
I also used CDisplay very often to read old comics and look forward to this replacement.

nharding:
If you want a sneak peek, then the first alpha version is available at installer and the source is available (you need Visual Studio Express 2008 C#, and XNA if you want to be able to build).

Neil Harding

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version