ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help me to understand .mp3 naming issue on a DVD player reading from a USB stick

<< < (2/7) > >>

skwire:
Chris, my FileBucket app might be able to help you get them on your USB stick in the order you want:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=20387.0
http://skwire.dcmembers.com/wb/pages/software/file-bucket.php

Innuendo:
If your Samsung player is like my Philips player then anything that you play off of a USB stick is displayed on the DVD player in order by file date rather than by file name.

Alter the file dates into an ascending order of your desired play order and it should work.

cranioscopical:
Chris, my FileBucket app might be able to help you get them on your USB stick in the order you want:
-skwire (June 10, 2010, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks skwire, I've downloaded a copy.

cranioscopical:
Alter the file dates into an ascending order of your desired play order and it should work.
-Innuendo (June 10, 2010, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the idea, much appreciated. I had been wondering about that.

The fly in the ointment is that all of the files had different dates, not in order.
They were first assembled into one folder and then renamed.
They then went, in order of file name, onto the blank USB stick.
They played in order, by file name, except for the offset (46) mentioned above.

Were it a date order thing, I'd have expected a much more random result, not one after another in exact name order with each one in sequence displaced by exactly 46.

I'll play around with this some more.

nudone:
hmm, sorry, can't offer a solution - but i'm experiencing an almost identical problem with a "video" player.

this also reads from usb devices and appears to have it's own method of organising the files. i wondered if it was by date or file size. (i may have concluded it was file size, can't remember now.)

i suspect this "ordering" will be the same as on your device. i'll have a play around with it too - if it becomes obvious i'll let you know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version