ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to find/replace a WDC WD5001ABYS-01YNA0 device driver

<< < (2/2)

Ath:
Isn't one of those drivers (Acronis or RollbackRX) blocking the hibernate feature of your system?
Since when is hibernate blocked? after you installed/upgraded either of them?

Oh, and an alternative for Boot Snooze could be to turn on your coffee/tea maker after you turn on your system, and make you that cup before you start your work :D

cranioscopical:
My guess is that it's the RollbackRX shield.sys but the system just gives me WDC WD5001ABYS-01YNA0 device as the problem

I've no idea when hibernation was blocked as I never use it.

I'm well versed in the breakfast between boot and work routine .
Once it was a snack, now it's a three-course meal ;D
There's a fair bit of stuff on this particular machine.

Carol Haynes:
Is RollBack like GoBack? If so that driver always blocked hibernation. Probably not much you can do about it if you want to keep Rollback running.

cranioscopical:
Is RollBack like GoBack? If so that driver always blocked hibernation. Probably not much you can do about it if you want to keep Rollback running.
-Carol Haynes (May 29, 2011, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, same sort of idea. I think you're right, the two concepts are incompatible and I find RollbackRX too useful to abandon (on this machine, at least).

Thanks to all for the input, probably stopped me from stepping in something that's best avoided  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version