ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

is there an ultimate file extension manager (to work with windows 7, at least).

<< < (10/15) > >>

Innuendo:
i shall have to go through you list bit by bit. looks like this is going to be this weeks labout of love.
-nudone (June 21, 2010, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome. That above list is the culmination of years of effort trying to find the best extension in each class & combining them all...and having them all still work.

Lots I consider essential. Others are more time-saving/effort-saving. And if you run across an extension that does something better than one in my list don't hesitate to mention to me. I'm always looking to improve my browsing arsenal.

nudone:
i'll let you know if i find anything that stands out (not gone through all of your list yet either).

so far, i'm impressed with Tab Mix Plus https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122/ i had been using another Tab extension but TMP seems the best so far (maybe i missed something in your list).

one thing i've found very disappointing - the lack of hotkey extensions. i've found one so far - and that wasn't really an extension - i didn't even bother with it as people were moaning about it not working with the latest FF. (i suppose i should have tried it anyway).

am i missing something i wonder - how can FF have every extension under the sun and yet there appears to be no support for custom hotkeys. i could use AutoHotKey, and i will, but there ought to be hundreds of hotkey plugins for FF.

daddydave:
one thing i've found very disappointing - the lack of hotkey extensions. i've found one so far - and that wasn't really an extension - i didn't even bother with it as people were moaning about it not working with the latest FF. (i suppose i should have tried it anyway).

am i missing something i wonder - how can FF have every extension under the sun and yet there appears to be no support for custom hotkeys. i could use AutoHotKey, and i will, but there ought to be hundreds of hotkey plugins for FF.
-nudone (June 22, 2010, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

@nudone:

keyconfig is what you want, and it works perfectly in the latest version of Firefox despite the dire warnings in the comments for that extension. I installed it recently so I could get hotkeys (see my post here) for DownThemAll.

First get Nightly Tester Tools or any other extension that lets you install Firefox extensions that don't pass the version check. (For keyconfig itself, it doesn't matter, but for the functions for keyconfig extension--which is highly recommended--it does.)

It is recommended you also install functions for keyconfig extension, this gives you a GUI for keyconfig. Follow these instructions to the letter, including clicking on the oversized link to the keyconfig post on mozillaZine. On the mozillaZine page, the download link is the first word of the first post.  This will install keyconfig. Then install functions for keyconfig, go back to the instructions and follow them exactly.

Read the "How to use the configuration tool" section of the instructions very carefully. When you get the "UNSAFE" warning box, click Allow but DO NOT CHECK THE BOX. I read the instructions and I still clicked the box and had to follow the instructions to undo.

Innuendo:
First get Nightly Tester Tools or any other extension that lets you install Firefox extensions that don't pass the version check. (For keyconfig itself, it doesn't matter, but for the functions for keyconfig extension--which is highly recommended--it does.)-daddydave (June 22, 2010, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Firefox crew doesn't want people using Nightly Tester Tools anymore & wants people to move to the more powerful Addon Compatibility Tester (I think that's what it's called).

Innuendo:
so far, i'm impressed with Tab Mix Plus https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122/ i had been using another Tab extension but TMP seems the best so far (maybe i missed something in your list).-nudone (June 22, 2010, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use Tab Mix Plus myself, but do get Session Manager! It integrates with Tab Mix Plus & replaces TMP's session-saving functionality.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version