ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Measuring PC boot-up time by component - and tweaking it with Soluto

<< < (5/7) > >>

IainB:
Update as at 2010-07-23:

cyberdiva:
I tried Soluto on both my 4-year-old WinXP Pro desktop and my rather new Toshiba Win 7 netbook, but I found it of little use and eventually removed it from both computers.  I already had given a good deal of thought to which programs I wanted to start at startup, so Soluto didn't tell me much that I didn't already know.  On my desktop, it called attention to two programs that I hadn't paid attention to, but removing them from startup saved me a grand total of 3 seconds, which was more than offset by the amount of time Soluto itself added to the boot time.  On my netbook, I was hoping that it could help me sort through the large number of mysterious Toshiba-related programs that start at startup, but unfortunately it knew nothing specific about any of them and hence couldn't provide any guidance.  To be fair, I should note that most of them were a mystery to WinPatrol Plus as well.  But the bottom line is that on neither computer was Soluto able to save me more time than Soluto itself added.  I realize that this is a beta program, and that it may indeed develop into something useful, but for now, I see no reason to put it back on my computer.

Curt:
Today, Ashraf is posting about Soluto: http://dottech.org/freeware-reviews/16736

cyberdiva:
Thanks, Curt.  I thought Ashraf made a number of good points.

Curt:
I posted this under their "Report a problem" in Soluto Support Community

Are you going to create a totally better way to update Soluto, please? On my Vista it is necessary to do everything from scratch; I must click each and every program just like the first time I installed Soluto Beta! [hint] I have many programs, that is why I use Soluto... [/hint]-Curt
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version