ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend disk imaging software?

(1/10) > >>

rjbull:
I'm looking for disk imaging software for use on Vista Home Premium.  The laptop came with Samsung Recovery Solution III, which I used to make the original image before putting anything much on the machine, but I don't know how good it is for regular use.  I've glanced at a few other DC threads and am currently inclined to Macrium, though they don't seem to have a free version any more.

Any thoughts, please?

Jibz:
I've glanced at a few other DC threads and am currently inclined to Macrium, though they don't seem to have a free version any more.-rjbull (June 07, 2010, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have no experience with Macrium, but I think the free version is still available:

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

mouser:
i was very impressed with Macrium.. they seem to hide the free version a bit, probably to encourage purchase of full one.

40hz:
+1 on Macrium Reflect. :-*

Works as advertised and it's easy to use. They still have a very capable "free for personal use" version available for download. Free or paid - it's an excellent choice.  

There's also Clonezilla if you're feeling adventurous or want to go the multi-platform route.

Most Windows users will be a lot happier with Macrium.

f0dder:
I've been pretty happy with Paragon Virtualization Manager 2010, since it doesn't just do disk imaging but also p2v and v2p imaging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version