ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which app stays open on your desktop all day?

<< < (9/10) > >>

Deozaan:
I generally have the following programs open at all times on my desktop:

2 or more Windows Explorers,
FireFox,
Internet Explorer,
Google Talk,

EDIT: And these:

IRC,
Hamachi,
xFire

edbro:
Powerpro and Evernote.

lanux128:
also don't forget to update your choices in this post: Top 3 programs you use..

cathodera:
What a fabulous question!

Now this is an old thread, but I think it would be interesting to know about what has changed for  people who posted or read it a year, even two years ago.

The ones I always have open are:

Firefox
Editplus
a43

And FileBox Extender, if that counts, although I think that gets into what is always running which is a whole nother show.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if somebody made a Firefox extension that was a real everyday jeans text editor and then made another one that was a file manager!

If we are obliged to run a squillion Firefox extensions anyway, why not have some to replace EditPlus and a43, is what I am thinking.

But this is not the place for such musings, I digressed. I'm sorry.

So, for the ones who posted or just read it long ago, is your answer still the same?

And for people who are new like me, what applications do you live in?

relequestual:
does ai roboform live in the tray? i am one of those ai roboform lovers also. but its not in my tray.  maybe its an option.

there was a time when i used to try to keep my system tray empty, to maximize pc performance.
but then i thought WTF am i paying for this fast cpu for and wasting all my time idleing, i rather have a tray full of fun stuff :)
-mouser (May 06, 2005, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know that quote is OLD, but even so, i agree!
ppl are like "oh, why have u got so much crap in ur bar for". hello? quad core was made for me, the multi tasker!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version