ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which app stays open on your desktop all day?

<< < (4/10) > >>

masu:
K9
CLCL
AntiVir
Kerio Firewall
Rainlendar
Speedfan
Babylon

jgpaiva:
Reviving this thread  :tellme:

I have:
Opera (it takes too much time to load, i just keep it open all day)
Find And Run Robot ( my start button )
Type And Run ( my run box )
Winamp ( the best music player there is.. yes, i don't like foobar )
All Snap (great small app, when you use it once, you can't live without it)
Various ahk scripts (i mean.. they do everything, and even more ;) )
Msn Messenger (still, i prefer the original msnmessenger to any third party app)
Miranda (the best way to got to DC's chat)
Process Tammer (keeping an eye for those strange-acting apps)
Mobile Meter (just to keep my computer's frequency and temperature controlled)
Kaspersky Antivirus (unfortunatelly, necessary :( )
PSPad (usually editing some ahk script ;) )
Directory Opus (like Opera, it's best to leave it running)

mouser:
type and run looks really interesting jgpaiva, like there might be features there that F+R could learn from.

f0dder:
notepad++, xplorer^2, visual studio 2003, cmd.exe, mIRC, PuTTY, messenger or miranda, winamp, sysinternals' process explorer, firefox... those would have to be the apps that I run the most, and there's usually at least three of them running at any time.

jgpaiva:
@ mouser:
type and run is an extremelly interesting app. I found it before i found farr, and when i found farr, i thought "well,there goes typeandrun, farr can do everything t&r does, and even more". But surprisingly, they just coexist, to be honest, i love farr, but it simply isn't as practical as t&r, that's why it's the one i use most among those two, because it's more versatile. Maybe it's my computer, but farr isn't nearly as fast finding stuff, because it has to search for it, and creating new aliases is too time consuming (and it also has strange focus problem, sometimes when i load it, it doesn't have the focus, maybe it's because of blackbox :( )

@fooder:
cmd.exe? nice..that's leet  :tellme:
check typeandrun i mentioned on my last post. i bet you will find it a bit handier that cmd.exe (at least, i do ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version